This mission, is about seeing past our titles, our organizations, our performance targets, our competition, and instead, focus on the stories of our shared customers, our community, and fulfilling a higher promise not to leave anyone behind, or pushed aside.
Everyone has a story they want to tell; we just need to stop and listen to them the first time not when it’s too late and they’ve lost hope. The person shouldn’t have to navigate a system, the system should be navigating the person, the whole person.
We are together in this work and our successes measured by the hope we instill and the promises we keep. It begins with healing, it begins with a listening ear, and a willingness to grow as providers, and partners in giving our community our very best.
The Pierce County Community Engagement Task Force is made up of public and private entities that currently operates under an innovative community engagement structure to integrate employment, services and support to the community with a comprehensive, multi-faceted approach to foster economic mobility of Pierce County individuals and families.
The leadership team is a standing committee of the Pierce County Community Engagement Task Force. Its purpose is to support the three committees in working in alignment with the mission of the Pierce County Community Engagement Task Force to meet and sustain the outcomes of their individual group goals in the community. The second is to guide the Council as a collaborative unit making the necessary adjustments needed to keep the development and overall operations and strategies of the task force moving forward. Our collaborative leadership brings the intentional and impactful lenses to community engagement It reports to the WorkForce Central leadership board and has the authority to pilot and implement improved practices that help meet the charge above. The leadership Team will report regularly to the WorkForce Central Leadership Board and make recommendations for any changes that directly impact the Pierce County Community Engagement Task Force’s structure or funding.
Specific activities of the team include, but are not limited to:
- Align and create a better understanding of the communities needs vs. organizational wants to ensure equitable access
- Develop a database of community leaders across Pierce County to create a multi sector strategy alignment document. Supporting the initiatives of the 3 groups to better coordinate between the group’s efforts.
- Implement strategies and processes as directed by the Leadership Team.
- Conduct community needs assessments and use comparative data to find opportunities for innovation and integration of direct services.
- Once an objective is ready for full execution (Act part of the cycle), hand off the execution to the PCCETF members.
- Outreach Consulting – Outreach is not used much in this sector because funding doesn’t typically support it. Helping organizations create a solid foundation with intended impact statements, basic branding standards, consistent messaging, and a strategic plan can infuse it with direction and energy.
- Communicate effectively to ensure that the team’s work is broadly understood within the organization.
DECISION MAKING PROCESS
- Decisions will be made via consensus
- Consensus will be created with sufficient discussion for all opinions to be considered.
- Agreed upon consensus is defined as members of the group being able to live with and support the decision.
VALUES AND WAY OF WORK
- The PCCETF Leadership Team is a collaborative entity. Transparency is valued and expected.
- Draft documents are shared outside of the group only with agreement.
- The PCCETF Leadership Team values innovation and excellence.
- The PCCETF Leadership Team seeks to create lasting outcomes.
- Members are expected to commit the time to review materials, attend meetings prepared to discuss the topics at hand, and participate fully.
- Members voice opinions, ideas and suggestions to reach decisions and take action.
Individuals will have the ability to see the big picture and think in terms of a collaborative system as opposed to only seeing things from their own organization’s perspective.